Friday, May 22, 2015

For The Weekend Wanderlusts of the World


Weekend Wanderlust Warriors

If you are like me, my head begins to think of the weekend right about Wednesday afternoon.  As soon as the mid-day meal begins to sink deep into the belly, my mind will begin to drift to where I would much rather be at that moment.   That usually involves me, my car and the open road.

Being a mom of a six year old, the ability to just “get up and go” has become a thing of the past, but what I have been able to do is create “adventure days” and have become an avid Weekend Warrior. 
What does that mean?  Very simply, I have learned to tap into my inner gypsy and utilize my weekends for exploration and travel.  

Being able to travel by car allows for me to bring my daughter along, as well as every favorite toy she swears she’ll need while away for those two days.  The added convenience of ample storage space, a wicked stereo system and full blue-tooth connection for my phone allows me to stay connected and prepared for life's emergencies, while enjoying the much needed disconnection I strive for. 

You don’t have to travel by plane to experience luxury while enjoying stunning views that would wow even the most avid of Instagram users.  To satisfy my need for extravagance, I have found a few locations that have been able to entice the likes of even the Teslas' of the world to “unplug” for a weekend.   If it’s good enough for Mr. Tesla, it’s good enough for me.

First on the list, The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay.  From sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean to the dramatic cliffs that the resort is housed upon, to the hotel resident golf course and exclusive in-house culinary adventure at the hotel restaurants you can’t help but feel a bit posh just by walking through the hotels entryway. 

If you are more of a foodie than a golfer, The Epiphany Hotel hosts lofty ceilings with full-height sliding glass doors and spacious verandas.  For you night life, they provide two signature restaurants that provide atmosphere and indulgence to wow all five of the senses.  A must try for all city slickers.

These are just a couple of locations that I've been able to experience, but there are so many more to choose from, and all within driving distance from the heart of San Francisco.   To see photos or to make reservations at these or one of the many remarkable locations available to you, click on the below link: