Monday, July 6, 2015

Invest In The Experience



Monday mornings are generally a blur of coffee cups hidden around my house, keys that never seem to want to be found, and a spray of headlines and social media posts about all the things I "should be doing," all before I even make it into the office.  We spend the majority of our lives working and planning for life experiences and only a mere five percent of our time actually living out those well thought out trips.  I am sure most of you have a box, bin, board or even a file saved on your desktop of every trip, every smile or ideal moment you have dreamed for your life, but what are you doing right now to get you to that moment.  

The days of "waiting for a rainy day" have come and gone.  The one true realization our millennial generation has taken away from our parents is that you can waste an entire lifetime planning, and that the saying "all work and no play makes Jack and Sally a dull Girl and boy."  Is incredibly accurate.  Millennials have the mindset that experiences define us, and that living requires more than planning, it requires doing.

When buying a car, the mindset I have coming into a dealership is, "Can this car get me where I want to go and can it handle all my stuff?"  Outside my own needs, I focus on the experience and feel I get from my sales associate.  Being a female in a generally male driven industry, approaching the car buying experience can be intimidating.  I was just speaking to a girl friend of mine that is in the market for a pre-owned Accord or Altima.  She would send me text messages throughout the day with the stereo-typical comments a few of her potential sales associates would say to her.  Remember that approx. 83% of people will relive an experience, and that the experience has an emotional longevity to it.  It stays with us and are lessons we use every day to guide us through to our next choice. 

Be sure that when you select a sales associate, you get the experience you deserve.  Look for transparency, an educated staff and an associate open to questions and concerns.  You may have done your due-diligence already by researching on the internet, but let your associate close any gaps you may have in all that information you’ve worked so hard to acquire.  Part of the car buying experience is creating a relationship with your associate. 

Remember that whichever vehicle you choose, make sure it suites your lifestyle and can get you from one happy snapshot to the next, with all the stuff you need while getting there. And always ask the questions:
Did I live?
Do I have regrets?
Did I experience everything I wanted to in life?


To get more on Investing in your life experiences follow the below link: